lunedì 4 aprile 2011

New New Plan: The Netherlands

Okay. let's see if I can catch us up here. Lately I've been really preoccupied with planning for the summer, which is daunting and difficult. As far as the farming goes, I am now officially spending the last two weeks of June farming in Holland, which should be fun! Wish me luck though, I've never farmed before! Other than that, here's what I have so far:
After I leave Siena, I'll be going to Vienna, Budapest and Prauge with Krissy, and then Germany with Alexa, and then I'm heading to Scotland to visit my friend Lily for a couple days. After that I head to London and Paris on my own before heading to Frankfurt to meet Julia. Julia will be here for 3 weeks and we will be going to Portugal, Spain, France (probably south), Switzerland and Germany. Then I'm heading back to Italy to go to Rome with my parents for a few days before going to Holland to be a farmer an then, finally, I go home on June 30th. Whoo. It's exciting but there's a lot to plan, and I lot that is easy to worry about, even though I know I shouldn't. And of course it'll be expensive, but I figure that this is one of the few times in my life when it is socially acceptable to be completely broke, so I may as well take advantage of that and enjoy my money the best I can. Of course I'm trying to be frugal but it's hard. Sometimes I want to just give up and come home already, but I know that once I get going it'll be awesome and life changing and worth it and all that. I just hope I can find places to sleep! If anyone has any European friends who like house guests, let me know. Seriously.
Anyways, life in Siena:

This past weekend, my friend Kate and I went out to dinner with some Italians, which was a lot of fun but always silly. Apparently all young Italians think that Miami is the cool place to go. If they ever do make it, all they will find (in my opinion) is a bunch of old people, just like in Siena. I really think they watch too much American MTV.
Saturday they took us to Rome, which was nice but a looooong day. We saw the Ara Pacis, which I really liked, the Colusseum and the Forum on Palatine Hill. I think the Forum was my favorite, it's so pretty and really interesting to see all the old temples and then the ruins of political buildings.
Sunday was much more relaxing, they took us wine tasting in Multipulciano. The wine was awesome, and the view way by far my favorite from this trip. The drive up is really the quintessential Tuscan view of farms and rolling hills.
After the wine tasting they took us to Pienza, which is the little town where Pope Pius II is from. He actually rebuiltit himself and tried to design it as the perfect city architectural layout, and thought it was going to be a super big deal, but it never really caught on. Again, though, amazing view. And they have awesome pecorino cheese there.
Sorry for the lack of detail today, but I'm a bit worn out, I think actually mostly from all the worrying and planning! Ah well, as long as I make it back to the states alive I'll be happy!

1 commento:

  1. don't give up Robin, lol. EPIC SUMMER ahead! Suuuper jealous of your Julia adventure time! You guys will have sooo much fun!

    Ps I decided to go to italy for my SA :)

    RispondiElimina