martedì 26 aprile 2011

Vienna

So as it turns out, I love Vienna. Like really a lot. It's really different from Italy of course, everything is neat and clean and organized and incredibly easy to firgure out. It's impossible to get lost in this city, everything is so clearly labeled all the time.
Krissy and I took an overnight train from Florence to here on Saturday night and arrived Easter morning. Of course everything was super quiet and calm, but it was nice because we were pretty sleepy. After we found the hostel and dropped off our things, we headed down to Schlosspark Schonbrunn, where we rested in the sun and spread out with our map and guide book to plan our time in Vienna. After that we went to old town Vienna, where we saw St Stephan's church, which was huge and Gothic, and St Peters, which was not huge and super Baroque. We wandered around a bit and walked through Volksgarten, another pretty park, and enjoyed the sun and flowers.
The nest day we got up and headed to the really big art musuem that I'm not even going to try to pronounce, and saw Hunters in the Snow and whatnot. Later we went to the modern art museum, but that one turned out to be a bit weird. We didn't have time to get to the Albertina or the Belevedere, and honestly didn't really figure out that those museums had a lot of stuff we'd have been interested in there until it was too late. The guide book failed us on that one. I must come back though, I want to see the Gustav Klimpt and Monets and whatnot that we missed. Maybe before I meet up with my parents when I have a few unplanned days I can come back, because I reaaaaally like it here, and I realllly want to see those museums. Hmph.

And today we saw the Shonbrunn Palace, where the Hapsburgs (specifically Maria Theresea) lived, which was cool, and spent a while hanging out in a Viennese Coffee house, which I also really enjoyed. Viennese Coffee is goood.
Anyways, I'm sad that we missed those museums, but I love Vienna. Like I said, I hope I can come back. Maybe one day I'll try to learn German, too, that could be fun.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento