lunedì 24 gennaio 2011

If Chinese food in America is Americanized, How Do They Italianize it in Italy?

Not a whole lot to report today, since it was just school and nothing special. Intensive Italian is indeed intense; not that it's to hard, but five hours a day is quite a lot. Today I was so tired that when Fiora (our teacher) had us spell our last names aloud using the Italian alphabet I lost track of the E's and ended up spelling "Boedeckeder," which, in all fairness, has a nice ring to it, I think it almost sounds French. After that I bought envelopes and Simon and I walked around a bit and found a Chinese restaurant where pretty much everything was between one and four euros. We decided to try it, and it wasn't bad but a very very bizarre experience. I ordered won ton soup, which wasn't anything special but not bad, although it had a lot of seaweed in it, which I've never had in won ton soup before.  It was just extraordinarily odd being in a Chinese place in Italy, it made me feel weird. I don't think I'm going to try many more ethnic places, of course Italian food will be better anyways. Soup and tea was good though, since my throat was hurting today. I came home before five and am trying to rest, because I hope that if I am getting a little sick I can counter it by not being worn out all the time. Today I learned the word for nap, it's fare un pisolino. So we'll see.

Also, here are some pictures of my host family!
Alessanda, Julia, and Edoardo

Me and Renato, host father

1 commento: